Alta Allied Health provides and develops musculoskeletal measurement and treatment at its clinic and by digital applications (‘Purpose’). This policy applies to our interaction with you at the clinic, through web and mobile applications ultilised or administrated by us (or our Group Companies), by email and through our website. As part of delivering the Purpose we may use products and applications to measure your musculoskeletal condition including the use of products and applications supplied by VALD Limited (our parent company).
The purpose of this policy is to inform you of the personal data we will collect, how that collected data may be used, who has access to the data collected, and your rights.
By accessing our (or our Group Companies) products, services and/or website, you consent to the conditions set out in this policy and to the collection, use and retention of the data listed in this policy.
Data that we collect
We collect your data to help us achieve the Purpose.
We may collect the following information from our patients, contractors, employees, applicants and other individuals we undertake business interactions with (‘you’ or ‘your’):
- personal identification details – including real name, username/alias, address, contact numbers, email addresses, date of birth, gender or content that you enter into an application operated by us or our Group Company that identifies a natural person, directly or indirectly, by reference to that information (e.g. name, identification number, location data, or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identify of a person);
- commercial information – including records of the products or services that you purchase, obtain or considered;
- musculoskeletal and exercise data – including strength, range of motion, speed, type and duration of physical activity, data about your musculoskeletal performance capacity or any additional information you chose to provide to us, whether digitally or in written form to our employees, contractors, or by a digital solution operated by us (or our Group Companies);
- information about your use of our products and services – including details about the device that you use to access our digital services and how you use that device to access those digital services (such as device/s ID, device type, geo-location information, dates and times of visits, computer and connection information including browser type and operating system, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites and referring website addresses, ad data, IP address, standard web log information including online usage, and any other information or online analytics regarding the use of the TeleHab App), unless you object to such processing pursuant to rights that exist under applicable Privacy Laws;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or the App or indirectly through your use of our websites or the App or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- information you provide to us through customer surveys.
We understand that this information is sensitive and is collected with your consent.
In this policy, personal information refers to information that can be identifiable to you. Information that is not identifiable to you (including personal information that has been de-identified or anonymised) may be used in different ways to personal information (as set out below).
Collection of Information
We collect information about you either directly from:
- you, when you provide that information directly to us, and when information about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our services, including by interacting with our website, digital applications or social media accounts, or communicating with us verbally or in writing;
- third parties, when they provide us with information about you. Third parties that may provide information about you include service providers (for example survey providers), social networks (who may share information about you with us where you allow that transmission) or advertising partners (who may share information about you based on paid or unpaid marketing or promotional services).
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to fulfil the Purpose, such as to supply products or services to you.
Where reasonable and practicable, we will collect personal information directly from you. If we collect information about you from someone else (for example from someone who supplies goods or services to us), we will ensure you are aware that we have collected personal information about you and the circumstances of the collection and provide any additional disclosure required under applicable Privacy Laws.
Sensitive Information (or special categories of personal information)
Given the nature of our products and services, it is possible that there could be instances where we collect sensitive personal information or special categories of personal information (as defined under relevant Privacy Laws) such as:
- health information or data relating to health; and
- other sensitive information or special categories of personal data (as defined under relevant Privacy Laws), but only where you choose to disclose it to us including verbally, in writing, or through our website or digital applications.
Depending on the applicable Privacy Laws, we will only collect such information about you:
- with your consent; or
- where otherwise permitted by law.
Updating Personal Information
We take practical steps to ensure that the personal information gathered from clients is correct and current. This also relies on the accuracy of the information you provide.
We request that you keep your information up to date so that we can continue to provide you with a personalised service and ensure that you receive information on our products and services.
Use of Personal Information
We or our Group Companies may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to meet or fulfill the Purpose or any other purpose that you provided the information that was collected;
- to market our products and services including by mail/email;
- to provide support and assistance for our products and services;
- to improve and develop new and improved products and services, including testing, research, analysis and product development; and
- to comply with our legal or contractual obligations or resolve disputes.
We will not use this information for any other purpose without your consent.
If we are legally compelled to disclose that information to a third party, we will attempt to notify you unless doing so would be illegal.
When we do temporarily provide personal information to companies who provide services to the organisation, such as specialist IT companies, contractors, and mail houses, we require that these providers protect your personal information as thoroughly as we do.
Our website and new patient forms give you the option of subscribing to receive newsletters via email. These emails will in no way disclose your unique health characteristics. At the time you sign up for our email newsletters or any time thereafter, you can choose to opt-out of receiving additional promotional emails from us.
If you select the option of clicking to forward our mail outs to a friend from time to time we will use that address provided to forward the selected item to your friend’s email address, listing your email address as the sender. We use that only for sending your friend that email. While we store the email address, we do not use it for any other purpose.
If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving our marketing materials, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of other information
We (and our Group Companies) may use information that is not personal information, including personal information that has been aggregated or de-identified in a manner that no longer identifies you as an individual, for informational purposes, analytics or for research purposes. We may also use this type of information to improve our services, and develop new services.
We may disclose this type of information publicly and to third parties, for example, in normative reports. However, we do not disclose aggregate information in a manner that would identify you personally, as an individual.
Complaints about Privacy
If you have any complaints relating to online privacy issues on our website please notify the office via email at email@example.com.
Securing your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to make certain that personal information is securely stored to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access to your personal information will not occur, whether it is during transmission or after that information has been received.
Sale of Personal Information
Under no circumstances will we sell your personal information to external parties.
When you visit our website personal information will not be collected unless you wish to provide this to us (by submitting website enquiries or signing on for a service or program). We may collect data that does not personally identify you when you click on certain pages. This data may include the type of browser and operating system you have. This website may also use ‘cookies’. ‘Cookies’ are small files stored on your computer that manage the security and navigation of the site. You may choose to block these ‘cookies’. This data is used only for statistical purposes and will not be used to identify you personally.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy please contact Alta Allied Health Pty Ltd on:
Phone: (07) 3156 2631
1 Group Company means our wholly owned subsidiaries, our parent company and the wholly owned subsidiaries of our parent company.